Become a volunteer
Volunteer as part of #TeamGSTT and help make a real difference to our patients!
Our events are currently on hold therefore we don’t currently have any volunteer opportunities. Should you still want to sign up below, we will store your data and plan to resume our regular communications with volunteers in Summer 2021.
Once you’re signed up you’ll receive a monthly email of volunteering opportunities. Most of these are on an ad-hoc basis, so you’re free to give as little or as much time as you can.
What can you do?
We have many types of volunteering opportunities, which include:
We hold a range of fundraising events throughout the year and our volunteers frequently get involved by helping to direct guests, setting up equipment and merchandise and giving out programmes and leaflets.
Community fundraising support
This involves tasks like leaflet distribution, selling raffle tickets and placing and monitoring collection tins.
Bucket collections and awareness events
We always need lots of fun and friendly volunteers to help us with bucket collections at various events both on the hospital sites and around London too.Please note, most of our events take place in the summer months – but we will always keep you up to date with our monthly mailings throughout the year.
Our volunteers make a huge difference to the work that we do and the experience of volunteering is also incredibly rewarding.
Volunteering with us brings a range of benefits, including
- New skills and opportunities to boost your CV
- The chance to contribute to the vital work of our hospitals
- Flexible opportunities that can fit around your routine
- References and proof of hours available
The terms and conditions bit...
We’ll ask you to be...
- Aged 18 years or over
- Enthusiastic about supporting fundraising activities
- Reliable and dedicated to the roles you sign up to and committed to giving us as much notice as possible if you are no longer able to help out
- On-time so we can give you a full briefing on your role or activity
- Respectful and sensitive towards the people you interact with while volunteering for us
Our promise to you...
- Reimburse travel expenses on proof of receipt (London zones 1– 6)
- Provide refreshments, or cover reasonable lunch expenses when you volunteer for over six hours
- Provide full briefings on all roles you undertake
- Ensure you have regular supervision and support
- Provide proof of hours and references on request