Fundraise at school
Schools fundraising is hugely important to Guy's and St Thomas'. Donations from schools play a vital part in helping us to provide better care, equipment as well as the little extras that can make their stay in hospital more comfortable for our patients, but it also gives us a chance to reach out to the next generation of Guy's and St Thomas' supporters. Fundraising is also really fun and can unite the school in a common goal!
We are happy to offer ideas and advice to help support your school’s fundraising efforts and make your fundraising or partnership with us as successful as possible.
How we can support our schools reach their fundraising goals
- Fundraising resources such as Literature, T-shirts for lead fundraisers, balloons, Buckets, Tins, Posters Fundraising guide.
- Railing banners*
- Social media recognition
- Logos for school website
- Support and advice from our fab fundraisers
- Templates for communications home to parents about the partnership, press releases to get notify local papers
- An activity calendar of fun fundraisers to take part in like BAKE IT BIG, Guys Urban Challenge, Marathon places* Get Colourful dress down day
- Assembly speaker* *pending on availability/application - only for charity of the year partnerships
Stuck for ideas?
These activities always make good school fundraisers:
- Cake and bake sale
- Dress-down day
- Sponsored walks, runs and cycles – or teachers taking part in an organised event like our Abseil
- Readathons and singathons or sing a long evenings/ cinema nights
- Staff versus pupils football, netball, cricket or other sports match
- School disco
- PTA quiz or charity night
- School fetes and craft fairs
- Your pupils own fundraising ideas – made a reality!