Guy’s and St Thomas’ lottery launch!
We have launched a new weekly fundraising lottery where players can win up to £25,000 and help make a difference to the lives of Guy’s and St Thomas’ patients.
By playing the weekly lottery, people can support the big things and small touches that help our patients and their families feel really looked after.
Three simple steps to playing our weekly hospital lottery:
1. Visit https://lottery.supportgstt.org.uk
2. Choose how many tickets you would like to buy and fill out your details.
3. Each Friday at 5pm the entries will close you will be entered into the draw on Saturday. We will contact you if your numbers win!
1. How does it work?
Players pay £1 per week for a unique six-digit lottery number. Numbers are entered into a weekly draw, with various prizes.
- 6 digits wins the jackpot of £25,000
- 5 digits in the correct place wins £1,000
- 4 digits in the correct place wins £100
- 3 digits in the correct place wins £10
Players can choose how many tickets they would like to buy for each week’s prize. The average amount is 3.5 and we will set a limit of 10 chances per week. Each week there is a chance to win £25,000 and other smaller prizes.
2. How to buy a lottery ticket?
Three simple steps to playing our weekly hospital lottery
- Visit https://lottery.supportgstt.org.uk
- Choose how many tickets you would like to buy and fill out your details
- Each Friday at 5pm the entries will close you will be entered into the draw on Saturday. We will contact you if your numbers win!
3. Can you sign up over the phone?
Unfortunately, no. The website is not compliant for cardholder not present transactions.
4. How are the numbers drawn?
The raffle draw will be made utilising a Random Number Generator (RNG) that has been tested and approved by an independent, Gambling Commission-approved, third party test house.
5. Payment processed by:
Please note that the payment is processed by Capen Ltd Trading as Zaffo.com and your bank statement will include the following information Zaffo.com-ZaffoCharity 020 3176 6862.
6. How do I cancel my entry?
Players are to notify Zaffo to cancel your entry. Zaffo contact details are 020 3176 6861 or email@example.com
7. Where will the income go?
The income will go to Guy’s and St Thomas’ Charity. Please note Gift Aid is not possible on weekly lottery payments.
8. Where does the £25,000 prize cost come from?
On top of the set-up fees Zaffo (the External Lottery Manager) charge a 25% fee on all entries. This 25% (25p) include the management fees, admin fees and the prize cost. As Zaffo have lots of charity clients this prize cost is pooled together from all charities.
This, in effect, means that even if there is just one player in the first week of setting up the lottery, they would be able to pay the £25,000 prize if they won.
9. What about responsible gambling?
Supporters who self-identify or who are identified as being a potentially problematic gambler are excluded from being able to take part in the lottery for at least six months.
The lottery provider has a policy that ensures all reasonable steps are taken to refuse service or to otherwise prevent an individual who has entered a self-exclusion agreement from participating in gambling.
There is also a maximum amount of tickets supporters can buy per week. This will be set at £10 per week.
Is problem gambling affecting you, or those close to you? If so please call 0808 8020 133 (freephone) or visit the Be Gamble Aware website (www.begambleaware.org) for advice or support in relation to gambling.