Thank you for keeping us all going
We’d like to say a huge thank you to everyone who has supported our coronavirus appeal so far. The kindness and generosity of our amazing supporters is helping to keep our Guy’s and St Thomas’ family going.
From doctors and nurses, to porters and housekeeping assistants, all the NHS staff are going above and beyond on every shift to tackle this pandemic. Seeing you rally around them in their time of need, is giving us all the strength to meet the challenges that we face.
‘Like so many of my colleagues, I’ve been blown away by the lengths people have gone to show their support for NHS staff. It really helps lift our collective mood to know that the nation has our backs as we come to work.
‘I really can’t thank everyone who has donated enough for their generosity and support.’
Junior doctor Harrison Carter
How your support is helping
The donations we have received are supporting staff to look after themselves, as well as bringing comfort and relief to some of the most vulnerable people in our community.
This support includes:
- Providing wellbeing zones to support the physical and mental health of staff – a safe place where they can recharge their batteries and de-stress during or after a challenging shift.
- When it was a struggle for staff to get to the supermarkets, we offered a vital pop-up emergency food support service where staff could pick up free essentials.
- Providing vital training to thousands of staff members, to avoid the risk of infection and transmission when carrying out procedures.
- Ensuring coronavirus patients are given some home comforts during their stay in hospital, as well as a food pack of cupboard essentials for 2-3 days’ meals when they go home.
- Helping hospital services to keep running so patients, such as those with cancer, can continue to receive vital care and support safely.
Thank you to our partners
The wellbeing support we have been able to provide to all our amazing Guy’s and St Thomas’ colleagues during the coronavirus pandemic, has been made possible thanks to the many generous gifts from our corporate friends, find out who they are.
More challenges ahead
They may have overcome a lot of the initial challenges caused by the pandemic, but Guy’s and St Thomas’ staff will still face further hardships in the weeks and months ahead.
The Charity’s support is therefore more important than ever as we continue to fund the wellbeing zones, life-saving research, state-of-the-art medical equipment and training, and the small extra touches that help patients feel really cared for.
How you can help
The pandemic has had a huge impact on our ability to fundraise, with many events and activities being cancelled. We are therefore really grateful for all donations to our emergency appeal.
A donation will help to make sure we are there for Guy’s and St Thomas’, just as they are there for all of us in our community that they serve.
Message of support
If you cannot donate right now, you can also get involved in our appeal by leaving a message of support for staff; believe us, a single message can brighten up an entire shift.