Organise your own fundraising
There are loads of ways you can fundraise for us and have a great time whilst doing it. We have a whole fundraising team who are dedicated to helping you make your fundraising story a success.
Here are some ideas to get you started.
Supporter success stories
Kirstie and Rosh
Kirstie and Rosh went digital to do their part for Guy’s Cancer Centre Appeal. They set up a JustGiving page and asked people to donate on Fathers Day, alongside a photo of their dad.
Deborah has set herself a lengthy challenge. A year-long 1,500 mile challenge in fact, and it’s all to raise money for the Guy’s Prostates Fund which supports important research and healthcare innovation for patients with urological cancers.
Christine and the Kender Grove Singers get together every year at London Bridge Station to raise money for cancer services at Guy’s and St Thomas’.
‘People understand that you have to be a bit brave to stand up and sing in front of people, and they respond well to that and think ‘good on you’! It doesn’t have to be the best sound ever, they just understand that you’re putting yourself on the line and want to give credit for that.’
More fundraising ideas
Fundraising with your mates
- Barbecue Charge for the burgers and sell drinks
- Bingo Hold a one-off evening or regular morning sessions
- Come dine with me evening Ask your friends to donate what they think your meal was worth
- Coffee morning
- Fashion show
- Fancy dress party Pay to enter and win prizes
- Film evening
- Football Sweepstake for tournaments with friends or at work
- International themed evening A buffet dinner, where guests bring a dish from a different culture
- Ironing Offer your ironing services
- Halloween party
- Karaoke night
- New Year’s Eve party
- Odd Jobs Help out friends for cash
- Go-karting Organise a group trip go-karting, climbing or paintballing
- Murder Mystery Night Dress the part to make it more fun!
- Party! 60’s, 70’s, 80’s. Dress up!
- Pub crawl
- Pamper party
- Race night
- Swap shop Get a brand new wardrobe for a small donation
- Taxi your friends around for a fee!
- Wine tasting
- Bad tie day Charge your colleagues £1 to come in wearing their loudest tie
- Bonus ball Hold a sweepstake in the office for the lottery bonus week
- Cake sale Hold a cake stand at your work, school or church
- Dress down day
- Horse racing Sweepstake at work
- Matched giving Ask your workplace to match what you fundraise
- Sports day
- Win a day off work Ask your boss to raffle or auction a day off work
In the community
- Auction Auction off original items, taking a percentage of sales. If you don’t have any secret heir looms hidden away, hold a promise auction
- Dog walking Charge your neighbours and friends for the service
- Car wash Wash cars at shopping centers or office car parks
- Face painting
- Car boot sale Have a root through your loft and take unwanted items to your local sale
- Expert talks Ask people to donate their time and expertise
- Book sale Sell old books collected from everyone you know. Second hand bookshops may buy left over stock
- Golf day Organise a golf day at your local club with dinner and an auction
- Greeting cards Make and sell cards for every occasion
- Jewellery making Buy your own beads and sell at a craft market or fête
- Jumble sale
- Open Mic night
- Gardening Offer your gardening services to friends and family
- Guess the number E.g. guess how many sweets in the jar
- Newspaper coverage See if your local paper will cover your event and raise awareness
- Quiz night Ask your local pub if you can put on a quiz
- Make the most of your talents Make necklaces or cook food to sell at a market/fête
- Music concert
- Private tuition Teach French or Flamenco, sell your skills
- Supermarket bag packing
- Talent contest Charge admission
- Treasure hunt Ask for an entry fee and donated prizes
- Unwanted gifts Get friends to donate items and have a car boot sale or market stall
- Vintage car day
- Zumba night Get your friends together to learn a new skill
- Baked bean bath
- Fancy dress Get sponsored to wear a silly outfit all week
- Pie eating competition
- Shave your hair or dye it a crazy colour
- Waxing Event Wax your hairy chest!
- Diet Get friends and colleagues to join you, £1 per pound!
- Email all your friends and get them involved
- Left-handed day Try doing everything with your left hand
- Quit something Give up chocolate, takeaways or whatever your guilty pleasure may be for a month and donate the money you saved
- Silence Get sponsored to keep quiet for a day!
- Sing-a-thon Get sponsored for how many songs you can sing
- Run, swim, walk or jump Check out our events page for all our sports and challenge events